- “Ye Olde Bricke Wall”: still a Goalkeeper’s best training tool?
- Why the US produces better goalkeepers than field players: A Theory.
- World Cup Penalty Kick Analysis
- World Cup Goalkeepers Stats you never asked for.
- Lancashire Legacy
- Penalty Kicks: Is guessing a sucker’s bet?
- Building Confidence in young Goalkeepers
- What makes a great Goalkeeper?
Flying planes by day, flying saves by night, kid at heart and goalkeeper by choice.
I was born and raised in the Netherlands, and have been playing 'real football" since I was old enough to identify a ball.
Currently residing in Maryland, I hold USSF “D” and NSCAA “National” Goalkeeping coaching licenses, and have been an Assistant / Goalkeeping Coach at the High School, Club and ODP level since 1999.
When not playing, talking, writing or thinking about football and goalkeeping, I remind airline passengers to keep their seatbelts comfortably fastened around them, in my day job as a pilot for a major US airline.
I can be reached at jdevicq at icloud dot com. Please note that I do not do private training or camps
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Blogs I Follow
LisaG on What makes a great Goalke… LisaG on What makes a great Goalke… Marcel AUSLOOS on World Cup Penalty Kick An… PenaltyKickStat on World Cup Penalty Kick An… Greg Marshall on What makes a great Goalke…
Tag Archives: frans hoek
WC 2014 Penalty Kicks and the Data Analysis Arms Race. During the World Cup, my Twitter feed confirmed what everybody already knew: Goalkeepers are different. When all the “normal” people were dreading the prospect of extra-time and a shoot-out, most … Continue reading